Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Enjoy Every Sandwich

I just finished reading I'll Sleep When I'm Dead: The Dirty Life and Times of Warren Zevon. Zevon telling David Letterman, when he was asked if he knew any more about life and death than other people since his diagnosis said, "enjoy every sandwich."

Good advice (and that taps into my earlier 'close call with the ferryman' post below).

It's a nice trip through Zevon's wild career which I only knew a small bit. My pal Roger Smith toured with Zevon when he was playing bass in Phil Cody's band. They opened for Zevon on many nights and it was Roger that got me thinking about him (he was telling me some Zevon story's at Bonnaroo) and so I went and got the book - which was written by Crystal Zevon - Warren's only ex-wife - to learn some more - and I am glad I did.

Zevon died of cancer in 2003.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home