Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Hello 2008

2008.

Once again a "New Year" has arrived and once again I look back over the last year and take some stock as to what the next one might have to offer.

Here's a short breakdown.

The first, and most important, change in my life over the last year is that I fell in love and that I am engaged to be married in 2008 to an incredible woman - Christina.

I dove headlong into my writing career this year (having essentially "dabbled" with it for years). I began by writing a series of cool features for The South magazine. I got a job with summer where I write about bands/pop culture, etc. and now I can confidently say that I make a good "living" writing.

As usual, I traveled: India being the most exotic of lands I visited last January. Incredible place and I can't wait to go back one day - I hope I do. My job also affords some wonderful travel opportunities and I look forward to what the next year holds. We are planning an Africa trip for the summer. I believe a person should leave the country to every year. I have not done it every year but I have trod many lands in the last twenty years and I hope to quadruple that number in the next 20.

I turned the big Four-Zero this last year. It's not such a big deal really - accept that I am no fan of getting physically older. Still, I did it right (walked in healthy and clear headed) and it looks like my 40s are off to an incredible start. I am still just as excited, thrilled and full of the same crazy gumption and wonder as I was when I was 20. I see many people around me essentially "get old" when they turn 40 (i believe those same people were going gray in their hearts when they were 20) and I can confidently say that my heart produces the same amount of pulsating, wild wonder as it did when I first strode out of the nest at 17 - maybe even more. This puts the smile on my face each day.


I made some good music this past year

Anyway, no way to predict the future - so I won't. We've got a presidential election cranking up to warp speed - no idea where that's going to go - so I won't even begin to forecast. President Obama? Clinton? Huckabee? McCain?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home