Sunday, July 24, 2005

Some Books That Time Forgot

As a lad, I spent perhaps hundreds of hours staring at the cover of this paperback book (and reading it of course) and I dabbled away many a hot summer afternoon down at the local mono-plex mesmerized by the Major NEW Motion Picture that was spawned from its pages, and
which until Star Wars, Bond and Indy came into my life, I thought was hands down the coolest fucking movie ever made. It had realy cool British guys in white fisherman/naval sweaters, pinched faced German's, U-Boats, cavemen, stone-implement vs. machine gun violence, a hot Brit chick and dinosaurs. The perfect summer cocktail for a nine year boy.



Beer can collecting was also the perfect hobby for a nine year old boy. I spent a lot of time scouring the muddy dregs of many a suburban ditch seeking ancient relics and treasures that I would then check off out of this archeological book. I still have this book and I wish I had the cans. I had some cool ones. Old Frothingslosh, and Iron City (Steeler's Super Bowl Editions), cone top PBR's and Schmidt's "outdoorsey" series (aka: Hunters and their defenseless prey).

1 Comments:

Blogger Brian King said...

Olde Frothingslosh - the pale, stale ale with the foam on the bottom! Also known as the only two-headed beer. It came in "sick-pack." Good for what ales ya!

2:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home