Saturday, July 09, 2005

King Dork lives!



I see my old San Francisco "band name" (a moniker given to me by the late Chuck "The Sarge" Jennings) has wound up as the title of an East Bay punk rockers book (Dr. Frank of the Mr. T Experience). Perhaps the writer, Frank Portman, saw our flyers up and down Haight Street in the early 90's and liked the name and as the band went nowhere, I'd say it's up for grabs. Enjoy it Frank, for I relinquished that crown years ago. I hope Frank's book is better than our band and finds a wider audience (that should not be hard as our audience was very exclusive and half of them are dead as the lifespan of a serious fringe dweller can be rather short. It's too easy to step on a landmine out on the perimeter - which is where the furies plant them - but the fringe is where the fun is).

I also like the unique reconceptualization of the old Catcher in the Rye paperback cover. Nice touch.

1 Comments:

Blogger Brian King said...

Check out this guy. Also, an imposter.

http://www.bizzarokingdork.blogspot.com/

1:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home