Thursday, June 14, 2007

Lopomo (Low Power Mode) is still sucking your blood! TURN THAT SHIT OFF!



Recently over the last year I started to do something to save energy in my house. I know this sounds crazy, revolutionary in fact, but here it is:

I started turning shit off when I was not using it (and when I go to bed).

far out! that's crazy - think of all the effort that goes into that?!

Yes! All those little green lights and LCD displays that barely seem to burn when I power down my computer, TV, stereo, etc., (the ONLY things left running in my house at night are the fridge and one clock radio). Does the Microwave clock NEED to be on 24/7? NO, it's never RIGHT anyway, so why the hell is it on? It's not on - it's unplugged. I plug it in when I need to USE it. WOW - revolutionary!

You would be amazed at how much power all these combined machines suck (now add this up by ALL HOUSEHOLDS - not pretty) when they are in "sleep" mode or whatever it is that keeps them "on" when you turn them off. I turn these things off in two simple ways, I turn off the power strip or I just unplug them. simple as that. I have also installed the kick ass energy saver bulbs - bottom line is that it helps my bottom line AND the planet. Two for one deal. So TURN YOUR SHIT OFF - ALL THE WAY OFF and spend your money on better things.

Click here for a good article about this in today's New York Times online:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home