Friday, August 19, 2005

Mr. Oldham, your highly respected thespian talents are needed on the set ASAP.




click on the pics to see them better

So it looks like I am going to be in another Andy Muto film. This one is called The Lion and The Princess. I just got the script and I like what I have been reading so far. My character is "The Advocate" and he is apparently the main heavy: a sort of high-octane, flowing robe wearing cult leader in a leaderless world of the (not so distant?) future. The entire film is going to be shot in front of green screen using the same camera that was used to shoot one of the recent Star Wars flicks (super high end digital), and with everything else added in post-production (Andy keeps referring to Sky Captain and the World of Tommorow for the post-produciton technique they will be using) so I have a feeling it's going to look really cool.

Andy mentioned that I might want to view Omega Man with Charlton Heston again, as my character can be loosely compared to the Anthony Zerbe character in that classic genre film from 1971. Anyway, it looks from a quick read of the pages that I have some speeches that I will be giving to a stadium of crazed/hypnotized followers, which should be fun. I also have a lot of one-on-one solid bad guy dialogue that I will be tossing the hero's way. Anway, it sounds cool, Snap was good, and so I told Andy, "Hell yes, I will come when called."

He sent me a few mock-up pictures to give a feel for what the film might look like and here are two (see above - I don't think I am giving anything away by revealing these) to whet your apetite for The Lion and The Princess (which, according to the script is the first in a series of films).

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I'm a buddy of Mac Chamblin can't wait to see the two of you in that movie

1:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home