Saturday, April 21, 2007

Air show

Earth Day in the park across the street - my original plan this morning was to drive over to the Beaufort Air Show but I got caught up watching another air show with these Frisbee dogs and as the time passed, I decided to go to the air show tomorrow. Well, if you saw the news then you know what I missed over in Beaufort as one of the Blue Angels crashed today into a neighborhood near the airbase, killing the pilot.

I really had a weird feeling this morning that something bad was going to happen over there. I'm not kidding, I really did, and maybe this is why I decided to stay home. I'm no seer, but I just associate "air shows" with crashes and imminent danger (there is just something about "performing" super dangerous air stunts for the gathered masses that just seems to invite tragedy - as if it's part of the "act"). I don't know why I think this, as there are many "air shows" every year and I would assume accidents rarely happen, though today one did and a man was killed.

I enjoyed the Frisbee dog air force.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home