Thursday, July 26, 2007

Key West Adventure!

I hit the Key's for my first time last week and I loved it! My pal Anthony Vizzari is getting married in a few weeks and instead of one "best man" he has three best men. David Quinn of El Paso Texas, Jay Paulson of Los Angeles & Moi. Anthony flew in from Chicago and the two of us drove down to Miami where we picked up David and Jay and then it was on to the Keys - a magnificent drive - right up there with the highway 1 run in California for sheer beauty. The weather was perfect. We roamed Papa Hemingway's & Tennessee Williams tropical streets of the fabled Conch Republic - a sort of American Tangiers for sheer "what the fuck" weirdness . We fished for shark - caught three - in the Gulf of Mexico - ate tons of food and just plain enjoyed ourselves. T'was a great trip and one I intend to make again.

The best men (L to R)- Rob, David & Jay with the groom Anthony Vizzari (seated)


At Hemingway's House


With a Goliath Grouper on the line!


Jay Paulson boats the first Goliath Grouper (we released all the fish except for the bait fish - these guys are protected)


My first shark!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home