Friday, October 01, 2004

Bush's Hangover

The halls of 1600 Pennsylvania are quiet this morning, as staffers shuffle nervousy around, trying to avoid eye contact with Rove and the political team. The President is probably pacing the Oval Office, as snippets from the morning news feeds are read aloud to him.

"Hell Yes I won! I felt good! He's a Flip-Flopper! My Message is Simple and to the Point!"

"Sir, it looks like you may have to turn it up at the Town Hall debate, sir and watch your body language."

"I KNOW HOW THE WORLD WORKS dammit! I talk to the leaders on the phone all the time!"

"Sir, maybe you were a little to, how shall I put it, figgitty?"

"Figgitty, not me, I'm a panther. I was stalking Kerry in my mind, couldn't you see it, and it fueled my sharp panther reflexes. The American people understand that, they know I am a focused laser-beam of a leader, bearing down on a world of EVIL, they understand me."

"We'll just have to see how it all spins out, sir."

"I KNOW HOW THE WORLD WORKS dammit! If people don't vote for me THEY WILL DIE! Their kids will Die! Their grandparents will DIE! I KNOW HOW THE WORLD WORKS...I have stood on the MOUNTAIN!"

Meanwhile, over at the Kerry HQ, staffers moved into the low crouch. They feel good, real good. Bring it on.

SOMEONE ON THE RIGHT PEELS THEIR BRAIN OFF THE CURB AND ACTUALLY CALLS IT AS IT WAS:
This is from the managing editor of the NATIONAL REVIEW, which no one would ever accuse of being a fan of Senator Kerry. As a rag, it is a Bona-fide unflinching adminstration lapdog: check it out:

No Spin Zone

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home