Sunday, February 27, 2005

Get Sideways

In a few hours the envelope will be opened and someone will say, "and the winner is..." and I hope the film Sideways walks away with a well-earned upset. I thought The Aviator was great and I highly recommend it, but aside from Before Sunset (a personal favorite and one up for best adapted screenplay - adapted from what I do not know - that is a strange category for it to be in, as opposed to original screenplay, which I thought it was in the first place), I think Sideways is probably the best film of the year (that is, a film which is up for a best picture Oscar).

So, even though the grand academy fucked over Paul Giamanti for his stellar, one of a kind role, which was probably the best performance of the year (sorry Mr. Foxx, loved Ray, but...), I do hope it wins.

sideways_rob

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home