Wednesday, March 02, 2005

I want to believe! But really, do I?

Lately Stacy has been infusing me with a righteous dose of old X-Files episodes on DVD (courtesy of Netflix) and specifically seasons 4 & 5, which you Mulder & Scully fans out there may remember as being VERY heavy on the "mythology" - you know, the cigarette smoking man, the lone gunmen, Scully's implanted cancer, etc. Well, I never watched the X-Files in its original run, so it's all new to me, but I've got to admit that I've come to be a real fan.

So maybe, just maybe, all this double-secret-hidden-agenda stuff being perpetrated against you and I by the nefarious government suits on TV is starting to have an effect on me, becuase I've been driving by THIS THING for over a year and a half now, on my way back and forth to school, and I have always wondered, "just what the hell is that thing?"

Then I got to scratching my head and thinking, what would Fox Mulder say this thing is, that is, if he were a real person? An geodesic array for the SETI (Search for Extra-Terrestrial Intelligence) project? Rabbit-ears for NORAD? Just another friendly neighborhood highly-tuned listening post controlled by "them" aimed at keeping an eye on "us"?

I mean LOOK at it, it practically screams Secret Government Project don't you think? It's hidden in plain sight, but in the seedy part of town where the neighbors all learned long ago to ask "the man" no questions and "the man" will tell them no lies. As a bonus, it also sits right next door to an overgrown cemetary, which could be construed (by a natural paranoid with abduction fantasies) as a dire warning perhaps to nosy intruders?

Mmm.


SETI_radar_station

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home