Monday, February 28, 2005

oscar lives to die another day

The Oscars ended one hour ago, and the show (and my predictions, some of which were right, but for all the wrong reasons) once again pounded home the fact that I should recuse myself from dealing with anything that has to do with gambling and popularity contests: politics, beauty pageants, talent shows, etc (meaning, Howard Dean, you are fucked, because we believe in many of the same things).

I never, never, never get these things right, because I am fundamentally out of lock-jack-boot-step with my fellow citizens, most of whom I think are all critically in-fucking-sane. But hey, I'm sure four out of five dentists' feel that most of their paying customers are completely "sane," so who the fuck am I to think differently?

oscar_people

1 Comments:

Blogger Brian King said...

Just thank your lucky stars that you aren't a mindless automaton who thinks that "morals" apply in an age where teenage girls think that they're still virgins if they only have anal sex (and these are the "good" girls) and the president can claim a diplomatic triumph on his recent European tour even though he basically achieved nothing but further underscoring the fact that America is fundamentally at odds with the rest of the world.
And the mainstream media has the gall to criticize the bloggers for irresponsiblity? Fuck you NY Times!

6:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home